Here you go! I’ve put together 31 tips to pitch the media! It’s a month’s worth of tips and tools to make it easy for you to just start implementing. No more excuses! Use this list to make 2023 the year you go from Established to Known™
1. Identify your target media outlets and journalists.
2. Tailor your pitch to each outlet and journalist.
3. Keep your pitch concise and to the point.
4. Highlight the newsworthiness of your story.
5. Make it easy for journalists to understand the value of your story.
6. Offer exclusive information or access to experts.
7. Use eye-catching subject lines and headlines.
8. Personalize your email to the journalist.
9. Include all relevant information in the body of the email.
10. Provide images, videos, and other supporting materials.
11. Be available for follow-up questions.
12. Be responsive and professional in your communication.
13. Keep the email short.
14. Know the publication’s style and tone.
15. Offer a unique angle or perspective on the story.
16. Show that you understand the publication’s audience.
17. Show enthusiasm and passion for your story.
18. Be timely and relevant with your pitch.
19. Follow up with a phone call or another email if necessary.
20. Be respectful of the journalist’s time and deadlines.
21. Offer to provide more information or additional sources.
22. Highlight any relevant data or statistics.
23. Make sure your pitch is grammatically correct and well-written.
24. Build a relationship with the journalist over time.
25. Offer to provide additional content or resources.
26. Offer to set up an interview with a subject matter expert.
27. Highlight any past coverage or recognition of your topic.
28. Provide a clear and specific call to action.
29. Follow up after your story has been published.
30. Offer to help with future stories.
31. Be professional, friendly, and helpful in all your interactions.
These are your media words to live by.
If you are reading this, you might have an established business but imagine if you were known… If you were sought after…. If you were the go-to? What would that do for your business? What would that do for your impact on the world?
What does being KNOWN actually mean? And why is this a game-changer for your business?
It means that you’re the one everyone refers to when they think of your specialty.
It means when people search online, they see that you were interviewed on or featured in various media outlets about your industry which provides instant credibility and visibility.
They know you are IT within seconds. You’re the one!
Being known means people are following you on social media because they want to hear what you have to say about your industry. You are the go-to expert the media regularly uses related to your industry.
Follow the steps above to regularly land in the media. This is one of the biggest differentiators you can have and how you can stand out and really grow your following and really start to become known.
It all comes down to the pitch. A media pitch is not a sales pitch. Media is all about providing value to their audience. Don’t make pitches about you. Do your homework. What media outlets are your ideal clients and customers watching, reading, and/or listening to? How do they cover the news? Pitch them the way they cover stories and you’re more likely to get the yes.
People love to work with “the famous” person so learning how to pitch properly is vital for your success.
Follow the Get PR Famous™ Formula: Be newsworthy, create great hooks, find the right journalist (all in the short video below), and then incorporate the 31 tips above and you’ll be on your way to going from Established to Known™ and taking your business to the next level.
PR FOR ANYONE
Anyone can get publicity! It really is PR for ANYONE. Together with my clients, we have over 1 billion views and over $100 million in sales. The system works! It’s time for you to start implementing. If you want to chat about your PR and visibility, click on the box below or use this link >> Let’s Chat. NOW is your time to be seen as THE go-to expert, an A-Lister in your industry! It’s going to be someone, so let’s have it be you and not your competitor. I’d love to connect.: Also, check out our next Get PR Famous upcoming live events at www.EstablishedtoKnownLive.com.